Adsense

Thursday 16 April 2015

Pork Burger at Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel

It is my first time staying at Renaissance Zurich tower, and we do have very warm welcome greet by the staff there. They are helpful and really willing to go extra miles to help both my wife and me for our luggage. We are staying at the hotel at Christmas eve. I love Christmas feeling in Zurich and staying at Renaissance is really highlight that you can take when visiting Zurich.

It is also my first time having Christmas eve in Zurich, so I totally have no idea that most of restaurants have fully booked, my wife and me even try around 12 restaurants and all are fully booked. Too bad I can't enjoy cheese fondue, but when we are sitting at hotel, we notice the hotel restaurant still have some space and we try our luck to get a table of two.

After we ask nicely to the waiter, she let us sit in one of quiet corner of table where we enjoying Christmas eve dinner together for the first time in our life.


This is crispy pork burger that I order, and by judging the looks, my mouth already wet by my saliva. The meat is tender but what I do really love is the skin of the patty is crispy, with combination of juicy fat pork and their own make bbq sauce.

Their french fries also another highlight, the saltiness is just nice, but it is not really oily. I do suspect that they using air fryer to fried it.

What lacking from this burger is the thickness of the burger and also the arrangement. You can't take it with hand and bite it. The bread is not that good, and the portion of the bread and also meat not that balance (oh well I am more towards American style in terms of burger). Obviously it is good for Euro style as they are using fork and knife to enjoy this delicacy. If you try to take whole bite with the bread, you can find your mouth will be messy with all the juice coming out of burger but if you using fork and spoon, all that delicious juicy will be on plates.

Overall this meal is good to try but I would not put a star on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment